Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Frightening Messages

My sons Kelly and Clay and I send Marco Polo videos to each other. Marco Polo calls itself video walkie talkie. You send a message anytime and the other person watches and listens when they have time and responds when they want. Katrinka uses it to. We find it both saves time and increases communication. It's always convenient. No pressure. Anyway, Kelly left me two yesterday from Spokane.

The first one he starts off saying how dark it is so maybe I won't be able to see much. He was right about that. He said he got a weird feeling about his almost downtown lot that his tree trimming business uses. He said when he got there, there were a bunch of druggies hanging out near the gate but that that didn't bother him and he doesn't mind being alone at night in a dangerous part of town. He mentioned some other stuff and said bye. Later he sent me one from inside his lot. It's big. Like an acre. He was watering late at night by himself in there. There were spotlights shinning from the corners. There was an old car, maybe a trailer. He showed me where they leave piles of wood chips and where they want to plant trees. Then he said, "Oh - those druggies are back." He didn't say much else. Seemed distracted. Said goodbye. There was no further message. 

I tried to call him What's App and phone at 6:30 am his time (9:30pm here). He called back about forty minutes later. I told him that his messages with the video in the dark would be a perfect opening for a murder mystery. He apologized and said he realized how thoughtless that was. I said it's good now. I was already thinking about how to get the Marco Polos to the police and how long to wait before calling mutual friends and his mother who lives nearby. And now it's just a neat story.

No comments:

Post a Comment