Komang delivered some coconut sugar today. I asked him what do you call the days between Galungan which was yesterday and Kuningan which is in nine days. He said that today is Galungan Manis. Manis means sweet. He said that yesterday is for going to the temple and making offerings but today's for the road, for visiting with relatives and celebrating - the victory of good over evil I guess. That's as far as we got in the Galungan discussion for then it veered off into forgotten tangents.
nonZense stuff and other DC posts
| This is the blog for the nonZense home at cuke-annex For Shunryu Suzuki, Zen, and related go to cuke.com and Cuke Archives Daily DC home | DC Books | Cuke Podcasts | | Donate DC Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram under David Reich Chadwick |
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Several times recently friends and I have come to this stumbling block in dealing with some issue. The problem is, that people here aren...
No comments:
Post a Comment