Friday, August 30, 2019

Texas Kin in the Gov Mansion

Texas governor Greg Abbot softens his approach toward immigrants etc a little. He's the only remaining relative I know of in Texas. We're second cousins, have the same great-grandmother. I knew his parents, especially his mother Doris, better when I was a kid. We'd go to visit them in Whita Falls or they'd come to Fort Worth. Greg was born when I was twelve years old. I remember him mainly as a baby and tiny tot. Later I'll get the details down here. Mother would go to Austin for special dinners etc for Greg and at the last one, she told him I said congratulations on being maybe it was attorney general then or on the supreme court. And he said to her, "Isn't he a democrat?" She never mentioned how she voted. Not for his side.

No comments:

Post a Comment