Monday, October 16, 2023

The case of the Missing Moment Solved

Sunday Katrinka and I walked to the beach. On the way - like less than a minute on the way - I stopped at the salon on the corner to thank the young woman there for helping me out. She looked down at my right calf immediately and asked if it hurt. No. I asked her if she saw it happen. I was eager to know what happened because i had no memory of it. She said she did see it happen. I do remember her standing outside in front as I walked up that way. Usually I walk on the right side so I can see the traffic coming toward me. I call walking on the left side, the suicide. But up to that point on that street, the other side is better, walking space wider with no open drains on that street up to right before that point where there is an open drain. Usually I've crossed over before then but I guess I hadn't because I was waiting till there was no traffic. It's not a big street at all. She said that a teenage girl on a motorbike had whizzed by me too close and that it made me react and I'd fallen over backwards into the ditch. She ran over and called for help. Two guys from the villa right next to it came out and they pulled me out and walked me home which was very close. We walked over to it and she acted it out. Said my head and left shoulder hit on the top top edge of the concrete ditch on the far side and that my right calf hit on the right side. I came back and made a video of her explaining and demonstrating because I hadn't understood everything she'd said. I'll run it through a translator and will try to get the video done with subtitles. That would be neat. I saw my internist today at the nearby public hospital and she suggested I walk with a cane. I told her I don't think a cane would have helped in this instance. - dc

No comments:

Post a Comment