Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Age before Beauty

Once a year Katrinka and I have to go to the immigration office here in Renon in Denpasar to get new visa photos for our renewed visas. I'd heard they were giving seniors and people with little kids express treatment, so instead of arriving early in the morning to get a low number, Katrinka and I arrived shortly after the lunch break, went to Window #4 as usual, mentioned I'd heard that. We got numbers and could see there were many people ahead of us. Probably at least a 30 minute wait. No problem. There were maybe 80 people waiting and we were the oldest I could make out which wouldn't always be the case. Numbers were being called. Only numbers and people would get up and walk into the room where there were about five officers to deal with them, each with a stationary camera. After a few minutes our names were called and we were out of there ten minutes later. I'd asked the woman dealing with me why didn't she take fingerprints as usual. I assumed it was because they already had them but she said it was because we were over 70. Ah, one of the perks of seniority.

No comments:

Post a Comment