Friday, January 21, 2022

Katrinka's Back Home yeah!

Katrinka got out of quarantine yesterday morning scheduled for 6am but they had to wait for the results of her laat PCR test which were... Negative! Meanwhile Komang, our trusty long distance driver - like in this case thirty minutes away at the airport, showed up early at 7am to take me to a small Sanur hospital which is giving booster shots so I could sign up for one. Some people are going there and getting a shot, getting the proof entered online and in their Indonesian Covid app, in half an hour. I got steered the wrong way by a few people for an hour, was told to come back at noon, came back a little before noon and went into a small office where they found it puzzling someone told me that. We spent forty minutes or so getting the certificate on my app. So weird - it's good enough to get me in anywhere but all of a sudden I learn there's a certificate to activate. So we got all the info filled out and I was told to come back the next day to register. I refused, saying I'd come twice that day and was actually in time to get a shot but just ran into the wrong people. So a woman at a desk immediately to the left of me signed me up and said they'd call for me to come back and get the shot in a few days. They'd run out for that day. Since I'd received two AstraZeneca shots, I would get Moderna. Yeah! That's what I wanted. Those who got two Sinovac shots get an AstraZeneca booster. Kaatrinka's plane arrived at 2:23, twelve minutes early, but she was way late getting out of there because her big bag wasn't there. Garuda had one person on it and assured her they'd find it. We zoomed toward Sanur, so much nicer without the traffic from having a trillion tourists here, and went to a phone stand we use. Had to get her new US bought iPhone with her Indonesian sim card. Oh oh though. Because it's bought in America and not here, she has to buy an Indonesian sim card that lasts three months. After three months her phone will remotely be shut off - not wifi so she can still use it. She has to buy the Indonesian sim card but doesn't have to use it. It's about seven bucks. And she has to get a new one every three months till the end of time. As we were getting a little fruit at the last stop before returning home, I got a call from Garuda. Her bag was accidentally picked up by someone else and would be heading to our home now from Nusa Dua. So we had time to get home before it arrived. All was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment