Saturday, January 29, 2022

Booster

 Got the Moderna booster yesterday compliments of the Indonesian government as was the case with the two AstraZeneca shots we got. Those were administered with admirable efficiency at the posh Bali Hyatt surrounded by gardens. There may have been 1000 people there at the same time as we were  handled admirably by volunteers from the ranks of hospitality industry unemployed. Yesterday was the opposite. I arrived with Komang, usually our long-distance driver. It was the first day at the venue, a local co-op type bank and outdoor restaurant. Way understaffed. A few hundred people waiting at tables and standing around before 8am for things to get going. A half dozen foreigners. A German artist, jeweler and I got acquainted. Some long tables were set up with a half dozen nurses and needles. All of a sudden numbers were being handed out and a mob descended on the man at the table dispensing them. Komang and I didn't even try. It continued being chaotic and completely unclear how one would get a booster. Komang and I pushed in to ask staff at tables what to do. The answer was go to the other end of the tables. The German artist told me to stand with him right next to the table where blood pressure was being checked. He made sure I was next. After a few large men had squeezed in in front of me I found myself sitting in a chair getting my blood pressure checked. Next chair showing my papers and Peduli Lindungi government Covid app on the iPhone which showed I'd had two AstraZeneca shots and gave my many digit resident number. My papers were      

No comments:

Post a Comment