Thursday, August 19, 2021

Fusion

Getting closer to the goal of generating more energy than it costs to generate it - and if they get there, fossil fuel use could be in time greatly reduced - and with other advances maybe the oil can almost entirely for lubrication. 

Dick Raymond was involved with fusion the last couple of decades of his life and he was always telling me they almost had it solved so I'm weary of getting my hopes up, but this looks more likely considering the source.

On a plan trip decades ago I sat next to an exec from one of the big chemical companies and he talked about how we had to get off of our reliance on fossil fuels and leave the oil for what it's most efficiently used as - lubricant. Back then the problem with fossil fuels was thought of as just being pollution. Climate change wasn't in the public square yet. Time to time I remember that conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment