Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Piped In

I look words and phrases up a lot to see where they come from or exactly what they mean. We say a lot of things and know what they mean but not maybe exactly what they mean or what their etymology is. I just used the phrase "piped in" to mean to contribute something to a conversation and I see it as a conversation that one is mainly just listening to. That's how I see it. So I wrote "I piped in" and stuck it on the URL line of Chrome and what came up first contained an example that was most interesting.:

What does it mean to pipe in?
1. To supply something or some place with a gas or liquid using one or more pipes. A noun or pronoun can be used between "pipe" and "in." The investigation revealed that the automotive dealer had been piping in nitrous oxide to relax potential customers and make them more susceptible to purchasing a car.
I used to love nitrous oxide at the dentists. I didn't take pain killer to have cavities filled till it came along. I had one lovely dentist who had two chairs and I arrived early to sit in the vacant one and prepare for a teeth cleaning or anything with a maxk on. I'd just tell them I don't feel anything till it was maxed out. They have governors that limit the amount because at first they'd accidentally loose a client. Eventually dentists stopped using it cause it was not good for them or their staff to be around it too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment