Saturday, May 22, 2021

Drinking Warm Water

 Right after arriving in Bali a savvy masseur told me to drink hot water every morning first thing. I've done it just about every day since then - warm to hot. I'm served warm water when I go to the Penni Wenni Salon. I've noticed Chinese descent people are often into warm water. This was really driven home in Kuala Lumpur seven years ago. Katrinka and I had become friends with some engaged Buddhists that Alan Senauke had turned us on to--Wai Leng and Vidya. They arranged for us to get a good rate at a Portman Hotel. KL has generally quite moderate prices to begin with. It was a pretty snazzy place. Wai Leng, Vidya, and their kids all came to the hotel to join us in the lounge in the afternoon. Wai Leng's brother was a ranking executive with the hotel chain so his joining us was a big deal at the hotel. And what did he have us all served for our get-together? Warm water in nice cups. That was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment