Friday, May 14, 2021

Big Shot Serendipity

Katrinka and I were talking about what we'd do if we somehow had millions of dollars. How would that change our life. She guessed it would be pretty much the same except she'd not worry so much about the cost of flying home to see family. First class I asked? No - business class. That's good enough. I told her how our friend John Sumser when riding high on the Internet bubble used to fly first class. Once while doing so he said to a man near him, "Ah - there's nothing like first class." The man said, "It's good but Airforce Two is better." "You rode on Air Force Two?" "Yes, I'm Spiral Agnew. I used to be Vice President of the United States." 

Katrinka said she had only met a candidate for president - George McGovern. I said oh that tops Agnew. McGovern was great. She said he dined at the Capri in Tiburon when she was manager and that he was so kind and genuine. "Too nice to be elected president." 

No comments:

Post a Comment