Friday, October 13, 2023

What did I do wrong?

 I don't remember how it happened. I came to with very concerned people pulling me out of a drainage ditch. My first thought was to save the tea to go that was in a covered container on its side. I grabbed it as they lifted me up. It was right near the entrance to our gang. By the time they'd walked me to the gate I said I could carry on from there. Our friend Jeffrey was for years a first responder in Stinson Beach and he happened to come by to get something. I was in our Japanese bath. He told me to turn off the hot water and turn on the cold. He asked me five questions like what's my name, what day, is it and I passed them. He checked to see what I could move starting with fingers. He put a bunch of alcohol on the bleeding bump behind my ear which was still bleeding some. He asked where I hurt - left shoulder and right thigh but they seemed okay. He gave me a bag of ice and had me hold it on my head bump for ten minutes. For a while it seemed I should go to the emergency room but I could move everything, got out of the tub and dried and dressed myself and Katrinka ordered dinner from Riviera. Got up and walked this morning and meditated and made tea and got to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment