Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Life in Bali - financial

Had a good day yesterday.  In the morning I remembered I'd lost 3 million rupiah - about $200. One million buying electricity with my phone because it died right after buying it and when charged, the receipt with the code to enter into the meter was gone. I went to the nearby post office which is also a payment center and the woman there didn't know what to do and some guys she called over didn't know. I'd have to go to the bank which I'd made the mobile payment through and wait for maybe an hour and they'd surely be able to fetch the receipt with the numbers. The next day when I deposited 2 million through an ATM into my local bank account it took the money then had a glitch that froze the transaction. It went into the machine but wasn't recorded. Inside I made a report. They know me and believed me but we were at the mercy of the folks at the mother bank who manage the ATMS. I had no proof. Then yesterday afternoon, five days after losing it, the two million appeared in my account. I had happened to notice in the settings on my mobile banking app a little thing that read "bukti" which is proof. So I went in there and there was a list and I hit on purchases and there was the purchase for the electricity listed and I clicked on it and the receipt with the code appeared. I went to the meter and entered it and realized in a matter of minutes the 3 million had come back. One of the little victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment