Wednesday, September 30, 2020

A Reading Memory

I read a lot when I was a kid and the quality and depth of what I read helped to make me what I am today. This morning, for instance, I fondly recalled the time when Archie told Jughead a joke. It went like this: 

Archie: Hey Jughead, I just heard a good joke. Why did the football coach take his star player out of the game?

Jughead: I don't know Archie, why?

Archie: Because he wanted his quarterback.

Jughead laughed and indeed thought that was a good joke. Then he ran into Veronica (whom I had a crush on).

Jughead: Hi Veronica. Want to hear a good joke?

Veronica: Sure, Jughead.

Jughead: Why did the football coach take his star player out of the game?

Veronica: I don't know. Why, Jughead?

Jughead: Because he wanted his twenty-five cents back.

As Jughead laughes there's a question mark in the bubble over Veronica's head.

No comments:

Post a Comment