Tuesday, April 12, 2016

No Knives

Restaurants in Bali mainly just give you a fork and spoon to eat with - unless they're posh and setting it like the West. For those who get meat that needs to be cut they'll add a sharp knife. Katrinka has a I guess English or European style of eating where she uses a knife with her fork to eat almost anything. I'd joke she uses a knife with her spoon to eat soup. But now she's used to using a spoon with her fork instead. I'm used now to eating rice with a spoon - or a fork. Good places usually include a small knapkin but the usual is to have tissue on the table, even toilet paper. I was given toilet paper in a nice Malaysian home when I asked for a knapkin. That photo is of a fancy setting for a party with forks on the left and spoons on the right. You can also eat with your hands here because that's the tradition. What would my granny Reich say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment